Introduction

According to what I found when online searching, Enigmata means a puzzling or inexplicable occurrence or situation. It’s like an enigma, but that word is often used so I picked Enigmata which is a synonym instead.

Chasing Enigmata is a blog (that eventually will become a podcast too) about everything I consider mysterious in this world. Topics that are an enigma for me are things like bizarre unsolved true crime cases, mysterious or lesser known things that have happened in history, not so well known science facts and even some psychology. In other words, this blog will cover a lot of different topics spread in a variety of divisions or ‘genres’ if you like to call it that. I am looking forward to start putting more content while get better at this and I hope you join me in this journey. 

Let me introduce myself; I'm Suki and I’m in my 30’s. One of the things I really like to do is reading and browsing the web. Watching and listening to everything true crime has been almost like an obsessions for me. True crime has always been a topic I was very interested in and it has always caught my attention how evil people can get without anyone that is close to them noticing. I remember, I think it was since high school, giving a class presentation about the BTK killer. Plus I have more than a few members in my family that work in law enforcement so maybe that played a role too.

Reading and hearing what professionals have to say in infamous or lesser known cases just really fascinates me too. I am interested in looking at things that most people consider out of the norm, break them down and analyze them. Just put them under a microscope, dissect them and make it a conversation you would like to have with others around you but are not sure if they would be open to it. I really think for this day and age a lot of things are still taboo and a lot of things need to be talk about more. I know true crime is a popular theme but I think it goes further than just gruesome cases and horror stories. We have to remember that these are not just stories, it really happened, besides the true crime aspect of it I want to tackle and connect on other topics like mental illness and how our brain works in certain unusually situations. Life is much more than just black or white, more than just you being good or bad and there is a story behind it. This is very interesting I think but also delicate as I don’t want to be disrespectful to anyone who might be caught up in the aftermath of what happened. 

Another thing that I notice is different cultures with their lore’s and the way it shapes our opinions and decisions, how we were raised and all that. Our culture and group of friends we surround ourselves with definitely has influence in our thinking and can bring some kind of peer pressure if you don’t agree with the same way of thinking, I believe. 

One of the cases that I have been keeping an eye out for these past years is the case of Israel Keyes and his murders and possible victims. This case really bothers me because of how solved and unsolved it is. Israel Keyes was caught back in 2012 after he killed this beautiful young lady, Samantha Koening, after he abducted her. After they caught him he told police that there are more victims, so when thinking that they finally have a case closed they find out that really, this is just the beginning. What gives me chills about this case is I got a reminder  that anyone you know or you might meet might be a serial killer. I know to this day there are still serial killers out there who haven't been caught, I knew that, but for some reason this case was the case that reminded me of it again. 

With that said, the Israel Keyes case is the first case Chasing Enigmata will be about and I hope you want to take this deep dive with me as it is a really deep dive.  But remember there will be a variety of topics covered in this blog.


Comments